Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Garagiste - The Pits

The Pits is a melomel made with peaches, apricots, and nectarines from Garagiste


This mead sounds like a knock-out-of-the-park with the craft beer crowd.  They LOVE stone fruits.  I didn't love this one.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good mead.  There were some solid stone fruit characters, a little nutty, but I didn't get any softness that I look for with peach and apricot beverages.  There was more acidity than I would care for.  I also thought the finish was a bit astringent, I wish it would have finished a sweeter.  The rest of the people I tasted this with loved it, which is great and goes to show you the diversity of tastes.  Overall this is a good mead, and I can see how many would like this, but it was one of my least favorite Garagiste meads to date.  



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home