Friday, February 17, 2017

B. Nektar - Pineapple Coconut Express

Pineapple Coconut Express by B. Nektar is a pineapple mead with coconut added.  It is part of B. Nektar's B Side Productions; a series of limited release experimental meads.  It is 14% ABV and was available on tap and in 375mL bottles.  

This is a nice, semi-sweet mead, which has some nice white wine characteristics.  It has a medium dryness; nothing is overpowering, the honey, pineapple, or coconut.  The pineapple is actually really well integrated here; there is a nice balance with the honey sweetness and the pineapple shines here.  The coconut give a bit of a oiliness but doesn't add much to the taste.  I personally pick up a bit of alcohol burn, a warming finish so to speak.  However I get that any time coconut is added to a mead. I'm personally not a coconut fan.  I often get a sweet soapy taste with coconut.  This mead did not have that, let me assure you, it was a pleasant, very subtle coconut flavor that again was well balanced in this mead.  

I respect the craftsmanship and restraint that went into making this experimental mead.  I would say if you're a fan of tropical drinks or coconut, this is a very enjoyable mead for you.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home